For Xsens we are looking for an experienced Finance Director to lead the finance team and be a valued business partner to the Managing Director and Management Team.
Xsens is more than a leading innovator in the field of 3D motion tracking technology. Working for Xsens is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and that are driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for movement and technique.
Its sensor fusion technology enables a seamless interaction between the physical and the digital world in applications such as industrial control and stabilization, health, sports and 3D character animation. Clients and partners include Jaguar, Landrover, English Institute of Sport, Autodesk, Siemens and various other leading institutes, universities and companies throughout the world.
Xsens creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. Xsens provides state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
In the role of Finance Director you are financially responsible for the Xsens group of companies. The Managing Director and Finance Director determine the strategy of the organization together with MT colleagues. The Finance Director is also responsible for Legal and Risk. As a member of the MT, the Finance Director is broadly responsible and has specific input regarding financial and operational issues at strategic and tactical level. The Finance Director reports directly to the Managing Director of Xsens. There is also an independent reporting line to the mCube group of companies CFO in the US.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Financial excellence of the existing operation;
- Managing the finance team, consisting of a Business Controller and a Financial Controller;
- Act within the Management Team as financial business partner, guiding the business and participating in strategy discussions;
- Preparation and presentation of strategic financial analysis and management reports for (group) management, in business planning, forecasting etc.;
- Understanding and analyzing the results and forecasts of the business lines. Monitor business performance, initiate improvements & optimizations and improve overall financial performance;
- Analyzing product / market profitability and competition and thereby advising the Managing Director;
- Contributing to the optimization of the various business processes with a strong focus on costs and customer satisfaction together with the Head of Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Operations;
- Steer for innovation within the financial and operational column. Structurally improving the indirect cost structure based on benchmarking, cost reduction programs, continuous process improvement and automation;
- M&A support;
- Ensure that the activities within the company meet requirements set by shareholders, bank financing and group policy with regard to accounting rules, corporate governance, compliance, etc.;
- Managing accountant, banks, tax advisors and other parties in the work domain.
Experience and qualifications
- Master degree in (Business) Economics / Accountancy & Controlling, supplemented with an RA (preferred) or RC degree;
- At least 5 years of comparable work experience at senior management level in an international, innovative organization and or product environment;
- Excellent management skills and experience with several business turnarounds or transformations;
- A proven ability to develop and lead high performing teams;
- Experience with private equity;
- Experience with / knowledge of Navision (ERP) is a plus.
- Technically competent incl. thorough knowledge of US GAAP. Experience with reporting in a stock listed company is a plus;
- Familiarity with bank financing and treasury products;
- Operational management experience is a plus. Comfortable with commercial processes;
- Ability to offer a healthy counterbalance to the Managing Director. You are an excellent discussion partner for the management team and the sales regions and able to challenge them and get them moving;
- Helicopter view, able to oversee the whole and strategically strong;
- Excellent social and communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal;
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and team building skills;
- Focus on improvement and results, more than just cost control;
- Good balance between internal and external focus and ability to keep in touch with senior management;
- Healthy interest in Xsens products and product development.
The Xsens Finance Mission Statement is: “To add value to Xsens and mCube by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.” To achieve this, Xsens will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The culture of Xsens is characterized as follows:
- People: we want to be the best team ever, with passion, work-life balance and great results;
- Pushing Boundaries: we go the extra mile to make great things happen;
- Diversity: we know it takes people with different ideas, strengths and cultural backgrounds to make us succeed;
- Impact: we want to make a difference and to have a positive impact;
- Fun: we believe fun should be part of everything we do.
Xsens offers a full-time position in an innovative, ambitious, fast growing and international company. Challenging assignments in a cooperative, results-driven team. Good remuneration package, e.g. competitive salary, bonus, stock option plan, etc.
Are you the right candidate for this position?
If you are interested in this opportunity please e-mail your curriculum vitae and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information regarding this role please contact Renate Blanckenborg or Robert Muntel on +31 (0) 53 482 22 44.
Vul hier je gegevens in